Queries & Manuscripts
Classes & Conferences
Crafting Your Work
The Writing Business
Income & Expenses
Setting Fees/Getting Paid
Rights & Copyright
The Writing Life
The Writing Life
Health & Safety
Column: Ramblings on the Writing Life
Fiction Writing - General
Characters & Viewpoint
Setting & Description
Column: Crafting Fabulous Fiction
Fiction Writing - Genres
SF, Fantasy & Horror
Flash Fiction & More
Columns & Syndication
Poetry & Greeting Cards
POD & Subsidy Publishing
General Promotion Tips
Articles in Translation
This free script provided by
Reprinting the Articles of Moira Allen
Articles by Writing-World.com editor Moira Allen published on this site are available for reprint at no charge, according to the following terms and limitations:
- Articles may be used in print or electronically.
- You may reprint articles in a print or electronic publications. You may also print out any of the articles below to use as handouts in a writing-related offline class. If, however, you wish to refer to these materials in an online class, please refer your students to the appropriate URL on this site.
- Articles may be used individually, but not in bulk.
- You are welcome to use as many articles as you wish, one at a time. If you run an e-zine or writing website and wish to incorporate this content, you may add up to five articles to your site at one time; if you wish to add more, please contact me for permission. (In other words, no, you may not start your own writing website based on my content.) This restriction does not apply to archived issues of newsletters.
- Attribution is required.
- Articles must include my byline, bio, and a link back to Writing-World.com. (You may use the bio that is included with the articles or the sample bio below.)
- Articles may not be used for resale.
- "Non-commercial use" means simply that you may not resell my articles to other publications, or collect them into a book or anthology for resale. If you wish to include one or more articles in an anthology or e-book, please contact me for the appropriate permission.
- Articles must be published "as is," within reason.
- Articles may not be rewritten or revised; however, minor cuts for length may be made within reason. If you need to edit or substantially cut an article, please contact me. (If an article is two long for your newsletter, you're welcome to run it in two parts.)
- Translations are welcome!
- If you'd like to translate this material into another language, feel free -- and in that event the restriction on "number of articles per website" is waived. Please
let me know about translations so that I can link to them.
To find articles available for reprint, please see our Master Article Index and search on "Moira Allen." You do not need to contact me to request permission to reprint an article provided its use is in accordance with the terms above. If you have any questions or wish to request a larger license to reprint material, please contact
Moira Allen, Editor. Please note that this permission extends only to articles by Moira Allen; to reprint materials by any other author on this site, you will need to contact that author directly for permission. (Or, contact us and we will forward your request to the author in question.)
For more information about Creative Commons licensing, please visit http://creativecommons.org/ or
Moira Allen is the editor of Writing-World.com (http://www.writing-world.com) and the author of more than 350 published articles. Her books on writing include Starting Your Career as a Freelance Writer, The Writer's Guide to Queries, Pitches and Proposals, and Writing to Win: The Colossal Guide to Writing Contests.
Copyright © 2018 by Moira Allen. All rights reserved.
All materials on this site are the property of their authors and may not be reprinted
without the author's written permission, unless otherwise indicated.
For more information please contact
Moira Allen, Editor